At B&W Compliance we offer on-site quantitative respirator fit testing as well as Respiratory Protection Programs (RPP).
If you do not require a full RPP and just need to have your employees fit tested, we can come to your location to provide fit testing and train your employees on the proper use of their respirators, on a price-per-person basis.
Contact our office for more information!
Respirator Protection Program Compliance
As mandated by OSHA, in any workplace where respirators are necessary to protect the health of employees or whenever respirators are required by an employer, the employer shall establish and implement a written Respiratory Protection Program with worksite-specific procedures.
Per OSHA, a compliant Respiratory Protection Program must minimally include:
- Procedures for selecting respirators for use in the workplace
- Medical evaluations of employees required to use respirators
- Fit testing procedures for tight-fitting respirators
- Procedures for proper use of respirators in routing and reasonably foreseeable emergency situations
- Procedures and schedules for cleaning, disinfecting, storing, inspection, repairing, discarding, and otherwise maintaining respirators
- Procedures to ensure adequate air quality, quantity, and flow of breathing air for atmosphere-supplying respirators
- Training of employees in the respiratory hazards to which they are potentially exposed during routing and emergency situations
- Training of employees in the proper use of respirators, including putting on and removing them, any limitations on their use, and their maintenance
- Procedures for regularly evaluating effectiveness of the program
If your workplace requires employee use of respirators for protection, let us help you establish a complete and fully compliant Respiratory Protection Program, including respirator fit testing and employee training.
Why is Respirator Fit Testing Important?
Quantitative respirator fit testing helps ensure that the proper size, shape, and quality of respirator mask is being used by individual employees to offer them the very best protection from breathing in airborne pathogens and fine particles.
We use a special machine that measures the amount of air and particles able to break through the seal on an individual employee’s mask, and we continue to test a variety of masks as necessary until we have the perfect fit that offers the highest level of protection.
In many workplaces, fit testing for respirators is a legal requirement, particularly in medical and dental fields where employees may come into contact with airborne pathogens, or industries that expose employees to fine particles that can cause severe illness when breathed in.
It is all employers’ responsibility to ensure a safe and healthful environment for employees. Having employees fit tested ensures that they are being safely guarded from illness or injury.
How Can B&W Help?
In establishing Respiratory Protection Programs for our clients, we have successfully performed hundreds of quantitative fit tests for respirators in the medical and dental community, for construction sites and manufactoring facilities, and for school disctrict nursing staff.
Our program implementation delivers every OSHA requirement for compliance as covered above, and more importantly, it establishes a safe and healthful environment for employees so they have the confidence to do their job without worry of becoming ill.
Having to file a workers’ comp claim for an employee who got sick or injured on the job can cause raises in premiums and end up being costly. Avoid that issue by hiring an experienced and competent safety expert to establish your Respiratory Protection program.
Contact us today to learn more!
Is Your Business OSHA Compliant?
Fill out the survey below to receive a complimentary consultation
from a safety professional in your field.